Mother Knitter is thrilled to be the official US Distributor of LAMANA!
For those unfamiliar, Lamana is a young, innovative German manufacturer of luxurious knitting yarn and a contemporary design house. They specialize in premium yarns and work exclusively with owner-managed mills in Italy and Peru. Lamana is dedicated to fair production, animal welfare, and sustainability through the origin and sourcing of the wool, the breeding conditions of the animals, and the processing/dyeing of the fibers produced.
Their yarn collection impresses with the combination of luxurious fibers and excellent craftsmanship, and ranges from delicate lace to bulky yarns with upwards of twenty colors for each quality. The innovative manufacturing process behind SUPERLIGHT yarns makes every fiber airy and light. In fact, a 25g SUPERLIGHT skein will give you a similar yardage to a 50g skein. As a result, your knitted garments will weigh significantly less with unparalleled wearing comfort. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever cast on before!
Lamana yarns are highly regarded by knitters and crocheters for their quality and versatility, and there are several reasons for this:
- High-quality natural fibers: Lamana yarns are made from a variety of natural fibers, including wool, alpaca, and silk, which are known for their softness, durability, and ability to hold their shape.
- Wide range of options: Lamana offers a wide range of yarns in different fibers, weights, and colors, so you can find the perfect yarn for your project.
- Soft and smooth texture: Lamana yarns have a soft and smooth texture that is comfortable to work with and feels pleasant against the skin.
- Versatility: Lamana yarns can be used for a wide range of projects, from garments and accessories to home decor and more.
- Durability: Lamana yarns are known for their durability and ability to hold up well over time, making them a good choice for long-lasting projects.
Lamana also creates beautiful designs that are both timeless yet fashionable. All of their patterns are conveniently available in English for purchase and download on their website and Ravelry.