Bulky weight yarn is a medium-to-thick quality. It’s generally classified as a size 5, or “chunky” yarn, on the yarn weight system. Bulky yarn is perfect for making cozy sweaters, hats, scarves, and home decor items like blankets and cushion covers. It’s also great for fast projects, since it knits up quickly!
Below are some of our most popular Bulky weight yarns. (Scroll to the bottom of the page for more information on Bulky weight yarn).
LAMANA Como Grande$23.99
Malabrigo Rasta [Super Bulky]$23.00
Silk MohairProduct on sale
Some popular knitting and crochet projects that people like to make using bulky weight yarn include:
- Blankets: Bulky yarn is a popular choice for blanket knitting because it creates a warm and cozy fabric that works up quickly.
- Hats: Bulky yarn is a good choice for hat knitting because it creates a warm and insulating fabric.
- Scarves: Bulky yarn can be used to create warm and cozy scarves that are perfect for cold weather.
- Cowls: Bulky yarn can be used to create cowls that are warm and stylish.
- Mittens and gloves: Bulky yarn can be used to create mittens and gloves that are warm and comfortable to wear.
- Toys: Bulky yarn can be used to create soft and cuddly toys that are perfect for children.
Overall, bulky weight yarn is a popular choice for a wide range of projects, including blankets, hats, scarves, cowls, mittens and gloves, and toys. It is known for its warmth and texture, and is a good choice for projects that require a thick yarn.