Sport weight yarn is a type of knitting yarn that is slightly lighter than DK (double knitting) yarn, but slightly heavier than fingering weight yarn. It is often used for lightweight garments and accessories such as shawls and wraps, and is known for its versatility and drape. It is perfect for creating intricate stitches and patterns, as it is easy to work with.
It is also a popular choice for knitting and crocheting baby items because it is soft and comfortable against the skin.
Below are some of our most popular Sport weight yarns. (Scroll to the bottom of the page for more information on Sport weight yarn).
Here are some popular knitting and crochet projects that people like to make using sport weight yarn:
- Baby clothes and blankets: Sport weight yarn is a good choice for baby items because it is soft and comfortable against the skin.
- Shawls and wraps: Sport weight yarn can create a lightweight and drapey fabric that is perfect for shawls and wraps.
- Socks: Sport weight yarn can be used to create socks that are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Lightweight sweaters and cardigans: Sport weight yarn can be used to create garments that are lightweight and comfortable to wear in warmer weather.
- Lace patterns: Sport weight yarn is a good choice for lace patterns because it creates a delicate fabric with good drape.
Overall, sport weight yarn is a versatile and popular choice for a wide range of projects, including baby items, shawls and wraps, socks, lightweight sweaters and cardigans, and lace patterns.